Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hurdle Talks Sportsmanship With WPIAL Student-Athletes (KDKA-TV Pittsburgh)

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – You couldn’t blame Clint Hurdle if he wanted to take the day off today to celebrate winning the National League Manager of the Year Award.
But, he was still talking baseball today with hundreds of high school athletes who were hand-picked to attend a WPIAL event at the Heinz History Center.
“It’s all about the game. It’s not about who’s across the net from me. It’s about my team and what we are doing. I don’t worry about what everybody else. It’s just all about us,” Ashley Taylor said.
Through the WPIAL’s Fifth Annual Summit on Sportsmanship, hundreds of high school athletes are reminded of lessons learned when they were little.
“My mom was our coach when we were little and my dad, they coached together. That was their biggest thing was to have fun and work together and be nice to other teams and stuff like that,” Jess Porter said.

No comments:

Post a Comment